We decided to throw together a few tidbits of history from the first inaugural Evan’s Ride for Autism on Sunday, May 17th, 2009.
- About 40 cyclists participated
- The ride began at the Smithville Leisureplex. It now starts and finishes at Sheldrick Transport
- Evan was 13 yrs old. He is now 22 yrs old!
- The ride was 20 km. It is now 11 km with the option of doing the route twice for a 22 km ride through the back roads of Smithville with escort.
- $8,900 was raised to go towards programming and services for Niagara families dealing with autism.
- Over the 9 yrs, Evan’s Ride has raised $130,000 to support families living with Autism!
- There was a video made of the first Evan’s Ride. There are riders that have been riding every year with Evan and will be out again for this special 10th anniversary!
Think about riding with Evan for the 10th annual Evan’s Ride for Autism on June 9th, 2018 and click to register today!